The Snelleman Tom team recently undertook a trip to Fiji for our Annual Conference.
There were a few key themes that we discussed while there, with the main focus being on:
- The value of money, and what it means to different people
- Communication and how it changes the way we do things
- The roles we play in a team, and what we can learn from this
Money, and what it means was really brought home on our excursion, where among other places we visited a nursing home that cares for those individuals that don’t have family to take care of them, and a rural school with children from farming and labouring families.
The Snelleman Tom team raised a total of $500 for these two places, which was matched by Snelleman Tom and will help to:
- Purchase uniforms for those children whose families can’t afford it
- Purchase school materials such as books and pencils
- Purchase medication and continence aids for nursing home residents that wouldn’t otherwise be funded
This money, while only a small amount to each of us, will make a significant difference to a number of families and people in these communities.